MAY 9, 2015, 2:45-3:45 PM
- Event details:Richard Arum will give a talk entitled "Aspiring and Academically Adrift: Critical Thinking in Contemporary Colleges and Careers" at Learning & the Brain's conference on Educating World-Class Minds.
- Location: Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel / New York, NY 10019
- More information: Learning & the Brain
Please check back for more announcements about our upcoming speaking engagements.
MARCH 11, 2015, 8:30-10:00 AM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa discussed Academically Adrift and the Measuring College Learning Project at AACSB's annual assessment conference. Her talk explored challenges and opportunities associated with improving the measurement of general and discipline-specific learning in higher education.
- Location: Renaissance Austin Hotel / Austin, TX 78759
- More information: AACSB Assessment Conference
JANUARY 29, 2015
- Event details:Richard Arum discussed Aspiring Adults Adrift at Norwich University
- Location: Norwich University / Northfield, VT 05663
- More information: Norwich University
JANUARY 28, 2015
- Event details:Richard Arum discussed Aspiring Adults Adrift at Dartmouth College
- Location: Dartmouth College / Hanover, NH 03755
- More information: Dartmouth College
JANUARY 23, 2015, 2:45-4:00 PM
- Event details:Richard Arum and Josipa Roksa discussed Aspiring Adults Adrift at a featured session at the AAC&U's Centennial Annual Meeting.
- Location: Marriott Marquis Hotel / 901 Massachusetts Avenue, NW / Washington, DC 20001
- More information: Association of American Colleges and Universities
JANUARY 4, 2015, 2:30 PM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa participated in a panel at the American Economic Association's Annual Meeting on new initiatives in teaching, learning, and assessment in postsecondary economics.
- Location: Sheraton Boston, Hampton Room / 39 Dalton St / Boston, MA 02199
- More information: American Economic Association
JANUARY 2, 2015, 3:30-5:30 PM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa participated in a panel on new efforts to improve student learning at the American Historical Association's Annual Meeting.
- Location: New York Hilton Midown, Regent Parlor / 1335 Avenue of the Americas / New York, NY 10019
- More information: American Historical Association and Storify
DECEMBER 9, 2014, 4:30-6:00 PM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa presented a talk entitled "Academically Adrift: Why Students Do Not Learn Much in College and Why it Matters" at Haverford College.
- Location: Gest Center 101 / Haverford College / Haverford, PA 19041
- More information: Haverford College
NOVEMBER 22, 2014, 3:30-4:45 PM
- Event details: Abby Larson (Measuring College Learning Project) participated in a panel on new initiatives in teaching, learning, and assessment at the National Communication Association's Annual Meeting.
- Location: Hilton Chicago, Room 4A / 720 S. Michigan Avenue / Chicago, IL 60605
- More information: National Communication Association
NOVEMBER 6, 2014, 9-10:30 AM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa participated in a panel on academic rigor and instructional support at "Getting in and Staying in: Challenging the College Completion Gap," a CUNY Institute for Education Policy conference.
- Location: Roosevelt House, 47-49 E 65th St, New York, NY 10065
- More information: CUNY Institute for Education Policy (YouTube recording)
NOVEMBER 3, 2014, 5-6:30 PM
- Event details: Richard Arum led a seminar on college graduates' transitions to adulthood at the NYU Steinhardt Institute for Higher Education Policy. He was joined by two respondents: Adam Gamoran, president of the William T. Grant Foundation, and Jennifer Jennings, assistant professor of sociology at NYU.
- Location: Vanderbilt Hall, Greenberg Lounge, 40 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012
- More information: New York University
OCTOBER 9, 2014
- Event details: Richard Arum delivered a talk entitled "College for what?" based on findings from Academically Adrift and Aspiring Adults Adrift.
- Location: Richland Community College, Decatur, IL
- More information: Summary in Decatur's Herald-Review newspaper.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2014
- Event details: Connected Courses hosted an online discussion about Aspiring Adults Adrift with Richard Arum, Josipa Roska, and UC Irvine Professor of Anthropology Mimi Ito.
- Location: YouTube
- More information: Connected Courses
Arum and Roksa have spoken about their research on higher education at over 50 colleges and universities, including the following:
- George Washington University
- Georgia Southern University
- Michigan State University
- New York University
- Rice University
- Rutgers University
- Stanford University
- Teachers College, Columbia University
- The New School
- University of Arkansas
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Illinois
- University of Louisville
- University of Maryland
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Toronto
- University of Virginia
- Vanderbilt University
- Wabash College
They have also spoken at over 30 other organizations, including the following:
- American Educational Research Association
- American Enterprise Institute
- American Sociology Association
- Association for Institutional Research
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Governing Boards
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Education Writers Association
- Institute of Education Sciences
- Manhattan Institute
- Modern Language Association
- National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI)
- New England Faculty Development Consortium (NEFDC)
- Texas Higher Education Coordination Board
- The College Board