NOVEMBER 3, 2014, 5-6:30 PM
- Event details: Richard Arum will lead a seminar on college graduates' transitions to adulthood at the NYU Steinhardt Institute for Higher Education Policy. He will be joined by two respondents: Adam Gamoran, president of the William T. Grant Foundation, and Jennifer Jennings, assistant professor of sociology at NYU.
- Location: Vanderbilt Hall, Greenberg Lounge, 40 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012
- More information: New York University
NOVEMBER 6, 2014, 9-10:30 AM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa will participate in a panel on academic rigor and instructional support at "Getting in and Staying in: Challenging the College Completion Gap," a CUNY Institute for Education Policy conference.
- Location: Roosevelt House, 47-49 E 65th St, New York, NY 10065
- More information: CUNY Institute for Education Policy
NOVEMBER 22, 2014, 3:30-4:45 PM
- Event details: Abby Larson (Measuring College Learning Project) will participate in a panel on new initiatives in teaching, learning, and assessment at the National Communication Association's Annual Meeting.
- Location: Hilton Chicago, Room 4A / 720 S. Michigan Avenue / Chicago, IL 60605
- More information: National Communication Association
JANUARY 2, 2015, 3:30-5:30 PM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa will participate in a panel on new efforts to improve student learning at the American Historical Association's Annual Meeting.
- Location: New York Hilton Midown, Regent Parlor / 1335 Avenue of the Americas / New York, NY 10019
- More information: American Historical Association
JANUARY 4, 2015, 2:30 PM
- Event details: Josipa Roksa will participate in a panel at the American Economic Association's Annual Meeting on new initiatives in teaching, learning, and assessment in postsecondary economics.
- Location: Sheraton Boston, Hampton Room / 39 Dalton St / Boston, MA 02199
- More information: American Economic Association
Please check back for more announcements about our upcoming speaking engagements.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2014
- Event details: Connected Courses hosted an online discussion about Aspiring Adults Adrift with Richard Arum, Josipa Roska, and UC Irvine Professor of Anthropology Mimi Ito.
- Location: YouTube
- More information: Connected Courses
OCTOBER 9, 2014
- Event details: Richard Arum delivered a talk entitled "College for what?" based on findings from Academically Adrift and Aspiring Adults Adrift.
- Location: Richland Community College, Decatur, IL
- More information: Summary in Decatur's Herald-Review newspaper.
Arum and Roksa have spoken about their research on higher education at over 50 colleges and universities, including the following:
- George Washington University
- Georgia Southern University
- Michigan State University
- New York University
- Rice University
- Rutgers University
- Stanford University
- Teachers College, Columbia University
- The New School
- University of Arkansas
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Illinois
- University of Louisville
- University of Maryland
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Toronto
- University of Virginia
- Vanderbilt University
- Wabash College
They have also spoken at over 30 other organizations, including the following:
- American Educational Research Association
- American Enterprise Institute
- American Sociology Association
- Association for Institutional Research
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Governing Boards
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Education Writers Association
- Institute of Education Sciences
- Manhattan Institute
- Modern Language Association
- National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI)
- New England Faculty Development Consortium (NEFDC)
- Texas Higher Education Coordination Board
- The College Board